Joint workshop on Grand Challenges September 22-23
Gunnel Gustafsson, NordForsk and Fredrik Melander, Nordic Council of Ministers. Photo: Terje Heiestad.
The seminar generated some very interesting discussions on the role of research in response to grand challenges, with the knowledge triangle as the point of departure.
Particular focus was put on the following issues:
- Research policies for grand challenges
- Key actors in different phases of the knowledge and innovation creation
- Nordic Added value – implications for the development of ERA?
- International and European research policy perspectives.
- Lessons learned from Nordic research cooperation
NordForsk received very valuable input to the implementation of our sub-strategy on EU-Nordic Affairs. Find the strategy here