Impacts of Climate Change in Nordic Primary Industries
The programme "Climate Change Impacts, Adaptation and Mitigation in Nordic Primary Industries” is a thematic research network programme developed by the Nordic Council of Ministers in collaboration with NordForsk.
The programme has five themes within main Nordic production systems: fishery, agriculture, forestry and food. The five thematic areas are:
- Plant and animal health (cross-sector theme)
- Conservation, adaptation and utilization of genetic resources (cross-sector theme)
- Adaptation and mitigation in milk, meat and cereal production systems (sector-specific theme)
- Impacts and adaptation in fish production systems (sector-specific theme)
- Sustainable biomass production and carbon storage in terrestrial ecosystems (sector-specific theme)
- The research programme has a budget of NOK 18 million over a period of four years.
- A self-financing of minimum 60% of the total budget is required for each network.
- The duration of a network is maximum 3 or 4 years, depending on the call.
- The proposal must involve collaboration among at least three Nordic countries, or minimum two Nordic and one Baltic countries.
- The general principle is that funded activities should support genuine Nordic cooperation, i.e., the Nordic funding should enhance relevant national activities and add important Nordic dimensions.