Time and place:
Hotel Crowne Plaza, Helsinki, Finland 29.09.2011 to 30.09.2011
The modern research requires strong support by its infrastructures: technical tools and instruments and socio-economic systems for organising and sharing knowledge.
Today, ICT-based infrastructures are an essential foundation for all research and innovation. With a proper scientific e-infrastructure, researchers in different domains can globally collaborate on the same body of data, finding new knowledge and insights.
The conference looks at the key areas in eScience:
- eInfrastructures and cloud computing
- research methods and tools
- researcher training and education
- green technical solutions
- interaction between research, policy-making, business and industry.
The participation is free of charge. Register onbefore September 9th!
The conference is organized by the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture, CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd. (Finland), the Finnish Ministry of Employment and the Economy, the Nordic Council of Ministers, and NordForsk.
The conference is arranged as a part of the Finnish Presidency in the Nordic Council of Ministers. It is closely connected with the Nordic eScience Initiative (2011-2015) managed by NordForsk.
- Professor Carole Goble, University of Manchester, UK
- Professor Peter James, Director of the JISC-funded SusteIT project, University of Bradford, UK
- Secretary General Halldór Ásgrímsson, the Nordic Council of Ministers
- Director General Sakari Karjalainen, Ministry of Education and Culture, FI
- Programme Director Sverker Holmgren, Nordforsk
- Director Leif Laaksonen, CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd, FI
- Special Adviser Gudmund Høst, the Research Council of Norway
- Professor Jan-Eric Litton, Biomedical Computing, Karolinska institutet, Sweden
- Associate Professor Hans Karlsson, Uppsala university, SE
- CEO René Buch, Nordunet
- Project Manager Damien Lecarpentier, CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd, FI
- Project Manager Camilla Grynnerup Fisker, National IT and Telecom Agency, DK
- Vice President, Channel Business Maria Nordgren, F-Secure, FI
- CEO, Dr. Kimmo Koski, CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd, FI
- Director René Belsø, Danish Center for Scientific Computing DCSC
- Professor Lennart Johnsson, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, SE
- Deputy Director Sofia Holmgren, Division for Information Technology Policy, Ministry of Enterprise, Energy and Communications, SE
- Senior Adviser Helene Norberg, the Nordic Council of Ministers
- Senior Research Scientist Ville Kotovirta, VTT, FI
- Associate Professor Helgi Tor Ingason, University of Iceland
- Honorary Director General Frans de Bruïne, European Commission
- Docent, PhD Björn Lundell, Informatics Research Centre, University of Skövde, SE
- Chancellor Krista Varantola, Chair of the National Advisory Board on Ethics, FI
- Project Coordinator Marie Sandberg, CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd, FI
- Professor Juni Palmgren, FI
- Senior Science Adviser Pentti Pulkkinen, Academy of Finland