What is NORIA-net?
NORIA-net is a coordination activity for the national and Nordic research funding agencies and policy makers, funded by NordForsk.
The results of a NORIA-net will either be directed towards the development of a common research policy for a given area - with possible joint Nordic initiatives in research policy and research funding - or the preparation of specific programmes and calls for proposals.
Joint Nordic calls and programmes
Some NORIA-nets promote strategic planning and design of joint Nordic programmes and calls, where the Nordic funding constitutes a supplement to the national. By cooperating in these areas, the participants in the Nordic countries can learn from each other for the development of better organisations.
Joint policy development
Other NORIA-nets collaborate to develop "best practices" in the national research funding agencies, for example with regard to referees/peer review systems, evaluation methods, cooperation with EU, Asia, etc.
- The use of bibliometrics in research policy and evaluation activities
- NORIA-net on Nordic Languages, Language culture and Communication
- NORIA-net on Registries
- NORIA-net Arctic
- Nordic evaluation of Sports Sciences
- NORIA-net on Health and Welfare
- NORIA-net NIRPA - The Nordic Network for International Research Policy Analysis
- NORIA-net The Nordic Research Infrastructure Network (NRIN)
- The Nordic eScience Initiative (eNORIA)
- Development of Peer Review in the Nordic Context
- Nordic-Asian Research Funding Cooperation