Call for proposals: Research projects within the Nordic Neutron Science Programme
This is a short version of the call. The full call text is available on the application portal.
The call is thematically open and will provide funding for research projects within all sciences using neutron scattering techniques. The call welcomes applications from established as well as new user groups.
The budget for the call is approximately NOK 40 million. Projects will be funded for a timeframe of 3–4 years.
The projects are dedicated for funding of PhDs and in special cases Post docs. PhDs will be given priority. The funding can primarily be used for costs for PhDs (and in special cases Post docs). Costs for Senior Researchers must be funded by own institution. When relevant for the project, parts of the funding may be used for related project activities such as participation in international conferences, research mobility in and outside Nordic countries.
A panel of international experts will assess the proposals according to the following criteria:
- Relevance to the call
- Scientific quality
- Feasibility of the project proposal
- Merits of the scientific team
- Involvement of young researchers
- International cooperation
The Programme Committee will assess Nordic added value. In addition, the application must include:
- A description of the current gender balance in the project. If relevant, a plan for how to improve gender balance in the near future. Please consult NordForsk’s Gender Policy.
- A dissemination and communication plan.
- A plan for open access to publications and data.
- A description of the ethical aspects of the proposed project.