Call for proposals: Research School within the Nordic Neutron Science Programme
The following is a short version of the call text. The full call text is available on the application portal.
The main purpose of this call is to promote excellence and capacity-building through education of the next generation of Nordic neutron users in experienced user groups as well as user groups new to neutron techniques.
The Nordic research school will teach neutron techniques at the postgraduate level and is encouraged to interact with research groups in the neighbouring region and, in particular, the Baltic States.
The Nordic research school organisation:
- The leader of the research school must be a senior researcher.
- The research school will consist of a series of training courses at postgraduate level.
- Course materials should be available upon request and free of charge for all participants.
- Involvement from industry is encouraged.
The Nordic research school objectives are to:
- Develop a Nordic neutron training and education programme and eLearning courses.
- Increase the number of young neutron users.
- Stimulate the use of neutron techniques in both new and experienced neutron research groups.
- Interact with international research schools.
- Initiate training for ESS capability using relevant international neutron sources.