Five phase 1 applications invited to apply for eScience Tools & Techniques
A total of ten grant proposals were received by the 4 April 2014 application deadline. The proposals have been assessed by an external referee panel and the following projects have been invited to submit a full proposal:
- Panagiotis Papapetrou, Stockholm University, Department of Computer Systems and Sciences
- Marie Rognes, Simula Research Laboratory, Norway
- Bengt Persson, Uppsala University, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Computational and Systems Biology
- Thordis Thorarinsdottir, Norwegian Computing Center
- Thorjørn Larssen, Norwegian Institute for Water Research
The full proposals will also be assessed by an external referee panel. A maximum of NOK 4 million in funding may be sought for a project period of 3–4 years. All projects funded by NordForsk require collaboration between researchers from at least three different Nordic countries. The project leader must be from one of the countries co-funding the Nordic eScience Globalisation Initiative (NeGI), i.e. Finland, Norway or Sweden.
The application submission deadline for phase-two proposals is 4 September, 13:00 hrs CET.