Gender in the Nordic Research and Innovation Area
Through new and innovative, yet focused and result-oriented activities, this joint Nordic initiative will make a significant contribution to gender issues on the research and innovation agenda. The aim of the initiative is to pinpoint the reason for why the research and innovation area has not followed the trend towards a gender equal society and to identify the measures needed to remedy this.
For the last forty years, gender balance and gender equality have been an important Nordic political priority and the societal changes have been significant, pushing the Nordic countries to the forefront of gender equality. However, the positive results from gender equality indexes are not reflected in the Nordic research and innovation area. Instead, all Nordic countries perform around the European average.
Jesper Werdelin Simonsen, Executive Director, The Research Council of Norway
- Marja Makarow, Vice-President for Research, Academy of Finland
- Hannele Kurki, Senior Scientific Adviser, Academy of Finland
- Una Strand Vidarsdóttir, Senior Adviser, Ministry of Education, Science and Culture, Iceland
- Ingeborg W. Owesen, Senior Adviser, The Research Council of Norway
- Lise Christensen, Special Adviser, Research Council of Norway
- Ewa Ställdahl, Director General, Forte, Sweden
- Lars Wärngård, Director Planning and Process Development, Forte, Sweden
- Sophia Ivarsson, Senior Adviser, VINNOVA, Sweden
- Carl Jacobsson, Senior Adviser, Swedish Research Council