Nordic Network on Political Ethics
The interest in interdisciplinary research in political ethics - the study of ethical problems in politics - is increasing. Research in political ethics takes up conceptual and normative as well as empirical issues and draws on disciplines such as philosophy, politics, economics, and law.
Examples of research areas are climate change and justice, democracy and inclusion, discrimination, multiculturalism and recognition, priority setting within health care systems, war and international conflict, and the responsibility of rich countries towards poor countries.
Presently, there is little interchange between different research groups in the Nordic region. More interchange could further strengthen Nordic research within the field, and this network aims to:
- integrate existing Nordic research in political ethics
- facilitate interdisciplinary research contacts working within philosophy and political science (primarily) and economics, law and medicine (secondarily)
- improve the quality of education for PhD students within political ethics
- make Nordic research within NNPE’s area more visible
- initiate internationally competitive research projects of high quality
- achieve recognised status as a Nordic Centre of Excellence (or some equivalent) within five years