Research network on Nordic Populism (NOPO)
Research in European populism has generally blossomed during the last decade. In the Nordic countries, the populist demand and the political response seem to have given shape to a Nordic model with some shared characteristics.
This researcher network on Nordic populism offers the opportunity to develop new multidisciplinary approaches, and strengthen the knowledge and quality of the research within this field also at the European level.
The network will support the productive exchange of different theoretical perspectives, methodological approaches, interpretation and empirical results of the phenomenon in the Nordic countries.
The main goals are to:
- stimulate the comparative research in the Nordic countries of the populist demand and offer similarities and differences in the light of the more recent developments and by means of a multidisciplinary approach
- support and enhance the quality of PhD research training by offering new knowledge and tools on how to study Nordic populism
- facilitate the exchange of relevant quantitative and qualitative data available now and in the future and of the expertise accumulated in dealing with these by the various Nordic individual scholars and institutions
- strengthen comparative research designs and multidisciplinary frameworks that can promote the publication of high-quality Nordic research on populism
- plan a publication strategy resulting from the activities of the network
- enhance the internal and external communication of the aims, activities and results achieved by the network via the regular updating of the network homepage and through discussion groups