NordForsk, the Academy of Finland, the Swedish Research Council, Forte of Sweden, the Research Council of Norway, The Icelandic Centre for Research, Rannis, and the Economic and Social Research Council (part of UK Research and Innovation) are issuing a call for proposals for research projects under the Joint Nordic-UK Research Programme on Migration and Integration. The call has a budget of NOK 65 million and the deadline for the call for proposals is 15 November 2018.
The aim of the Joint Nordic-United Kingdom Research Programme on Migration and Integration is to encourage cooperation among the knowledge communities in the Nordic countries and the United Kingdom to enhance opportunities and address challenges of migration and integration. The programme seeks to fund excellent research with impact within and beyond academia and with the potential to create outcomes of greater value for the countries involved than could be achieved through national activities alone. Examples of such added value include building critical mass, networking, sharing data, infrastructures and resources, and enhancing scientific excellence as well as creating societal impact and contributing to research-based policymaking.
This new call is aimed at investigating:
- Drivers for migration and global, regional and local migration chains and patterns
- Health and wellbeing among migrants
- Social cohesion and inequality
- Social and family relations
- Histories of migrants, migration and integration
- Migrant cultural heritages and contemporary cultural expressions
- Politics and governance of migration and integration
- This call is an activity under the Joint Nordic-UK Research Programme on Migration and Integration and has a budget of NOK 65 million.
Deadline for the call for proposals: 15 November 2018.