Nordic Russian and Eastern European Studies Conference
Tid og sted:
Helsinki 24.05.2013 til 25.05.2013
The Nordic CERES network organises its final conference in Helsinki in 24-25 May 2013. Since 2010, the CERES network has funded several scientific events in the Nordic Countries. More than 200 researchers have participated in the activities and approached the Russian and Eastern European Studies from various angles.
The aim of the network – to strengthen the Nordic approach to the Russian and Eastern European studies – is also the goal in the final conference. This conference discusses some of the questions Nordic REES researchers are currently dealing with. The presentations cover a wide range of disciplines in social sciences, humanities and economics.
- Mainstream vs. Marginality
- Paradoxes and Clashes of Contemporary Society
- Reworking the Communist Past, (N)ostalgia
- Modernisation Processes
- Borderlines and Links Between Fringe and Core
- Energy, Environment and Various Dimensions of Security
- Trust and Mistrust
- Entrepreneurship and Consumption
- Reshaping of Class Structure
- Li Bennich-Björkman, Johan Skytte Professor in Political Science and Eloquence, University of Uppsala, Sweden
- Rustem Nureev, Professor of Economics, National Research University – Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia
- Olga Shevchenko, Associate Professor of Sociology, Williams College, USA
NordForsk is the main financial sponsor of the conference. The conference is also financed by the Finnish Doctoral Programme for Russian and East European Studies, the Finnish Centre of Excellence in Russian Studies “Choices of Russian Modernisation” and the Federation of Finnish Learned Societies.