- Digitalisation is crucial for the green transition
The Nordic region is a world leader in digitalisation, also in the area known as the Internet of Things. This gives us a unique opportunity to promote sustainability and a circular economy, according to the authors of a new report.
- The corona pandemic has posed several ethical challenges to our communities
How has Sweden handled ethical issues during the COVID-19 pandemic? Göran Collste, Professor Emeritus of Applied Ethics at Linköping University, comments on some of the topics that were discussed at yesterday’s webinar.
- Nordic region and Estonia join together on major grant for COVID-19 research
Five Nordic research projects on COVID-19 are now being launched. The projects will take advantage of the Nordic countries’ unique health data to advance the knowledge base about COVID-19 for the benefit of the Nordic region and the entire world.
- Webinar: DNA in police work: New methods, new challenges? Marianne 04.09.2020 Ethics Tech Community - Registration open Register
- Nordic Fire and Rescue Services in the Twenty First Century
Societal change is accelerating through continued rapid population growth and significant changes in demographics, technological advances, and increasing interconnectedness between various infrastructures. Together with climate change and a new global security situation these trends will inevitably lead to a change in the risk landscape. One of the key actors that has to deal with such change is the Fire and Rescue Services. These organisations are both governed by, and dependent on, formal and informal networks.